Saturday, November 10, 2012

Six Sentence story, "Misconception"


 

“Misconception”

 

 

 

By Joseph DiBartolo

 

 

 

 

            Immediately after the coitus, my latest squeeze, now unequivocally tangled in a fresh web of lies, raced back to her husband, brushing her hair on the way out.  I had been growing concerned as of late due to the black and blue marks that continued to revisit her athletic figure.  She had told me they were from a kickboxing class she took up at the local gym.  As convincing as she was, I wasn’t buying it, especially when I heard a loud thud outside my door.  Expecting the worst, I quickly ran into the hallway to see her standing over an unconscious man nearly twice her size.  Before I could comprehend what just happened, she took off her wedding ring, placed it on the husky man, and looked at me with utter satisfaction. 

 

 

            Joseph DiBartolo, Aspiring Writer, Film enthusiast.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment